The FHSS Writing Lab provides free writing help for students within the BYU College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences. This includes classes from the following disciplines:
Anthropology, Economics, School of Family Life, Geography, History, Neuroscience, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology.
LIMIT: One 30-minute appointment per assignment per day
Sign up for an appointment below:
FHSS Writing Lab Hours:
Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. Closed for devotionals.
- The FHSS Writing Lab is located in JFSB 1175.
- Sessions are limited to one 30-minute appointment per class per day.
- We do not help with graduate school applications, scholarship essays, cover letters, résumés, WRTG 150 papers, or other papers for classes outside the FHSS College.
- The Lab is closed for university holidays.
- You may bring your computer or a hard copy; we do not work with a phone, tablet, etc.
- Online appointments are limited. Sign-up must be at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you are more than 5 late minutes to your appointment, your spot may be forfeit to any walk-in students.